A dozen travel writers were asked how they make air travel more enjoyable and these were the most popular suggestions.
• Noise-canceling headphones: Block out the noise from the plane and other passengers, making it easier to relax or sleep.
• Travel pillow: A comfortable neck pillow can make all the difference when trying to sleep in an upright position during a long flight.
• Entertainment: Download movies, TV shows, , podcasts or audiobooks onto your smartphone or tablet before you leave the ground. Even without wifi in the air you’ll have plenty to choose from.
• Snacks: Pack your favorite snacks to avoid relying on airline food or purchasing overpriced options at the airport.
• Hydration: Bring an empty reusable water bottle that you can fill up after passing through security to stay hydrated during the flight.
• Moisturizer and lip balm: The dry air in planes can be harsh on your skin, so pack a travel-sized moisturizer and lip balm to keep your skin hydrated.
• Large wipes: If it’s a long flight you can refresh yourself by heading to the bathroom and wiping down your face, neck, arms, and any other body parts you want.
• Portable charger: A fully charged power bank ensures you won’t run out of battery on your electronic devices, keeping you entertained and connected throughout the flight.