If you just connected on an app, here are some questions you can ask them before you meet up IRL.
• What are you looking for in a relationship? Based on their answer, you can evaluate if what they’re looking for matches what YOU are looking for. If it does, great. And if it doesn’t, someone else is right around the corner.
• What’s your most embarrassing moment? This one will help you determine if your online date has a sense of humor. Opening up with your story is a great way to grease the wheels so that they feel comfortable opening up to you. Remember, though, to pick a story that reflects a cute or quirky habit you may have.
• What does your ideal Saturday morning look like? This isn’t a deal-breaker, but if you like to start your Saturday with breakfast at a favorite diner, followed by a bike ride to the farmer’s market and they like to sleep in until noon, you may not be compatible.
• What about my profile made you want to write me? This can help weed out someone who swipes right a little too much. It helps you learn if they really took some time to read what you wrote.
• Where does your family live? Do you see them often? Family are pretty important to most people. And if they aren’t? While that’s acceptable, you want to be sure that the other person’s perspective on family matches yours. Do they never see their relatives? Do they talk to their mom on the phone daily? These interactions will definitely affect your potential future together, so it’s a great thing to know about ahead of time.