Here’s a fresh round-up of Covid insanity . . .
1. A guy has invented a free online tool called the Zoom Escaper that you hook into Zoom, and it plays a bunch of sound effects to help you get out of meetings. Stuff like a crying baby, dogs barking, construction noise, wind, and more.
2. A bar in Michigan that’s gotten in trouble for not following Covid guidelines threw a big St. Patrick’s Day party over the weekend with t-shirts that played off the “kiss me, I’m Irish” slogan by saying “kiss me, I’m contagious.”
3. A woman in Texas who refused to put on a mask at a bank started yelling about police brutality when a cop arrested her . . . and a bunch of other people in the bank yelled back, “No it’s not.”
4. Only 4% of people spend less time cleaning now than they did before the pandemic. And one-third of people who’ve been cleaning more say they’re not going to go back to their old ways once things get back to normal.
5. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED Covid cases as of last night . . .
New daily cases in the U.S.: 45,045, with 785 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 30.1 million . . . with more than 548,000 deaths . . . and more than 22.2 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 120.7 million . . . with more than 2.6 million deaths . . . and more than 97.4 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.