Here’s a fresh round-up of Covid insanity . . .
1. A new poll asked gamers if they’d rather get the vaccine today . . . or a new, hard-to-get Xbox. 58% chose the Xbox. Then again, maybe that Xbox would keep them indoors for months so it’s more or less as good as them getting the vaccine?
2. We’ve seen tons of restaurants that have put mannequins at tables to enforce social distancing, but this is a new one. A woman who owns a restaurant in Belgium says she misses customers so much she’s started serving drinks to her mannequins.
3. The U.K. has had the fastest vaccine rollout in the world . . . and it just might be because their health secretary is a HUGE fan of the movie “Contagion”.
He paid attention to the global competition for a vaccine in the movie . . . and made sure to take steps so the U.K. would be out in front in terms of funding, getting the supply, and having a plan to distribute it.
4. A parking garage at the airport in Montreal has waived 11 months of parking fees for a guy from Vermont who hasn’t been allowed to cross the border to get his car back.
5. Burger King in France is giving out two-pound bags of potatoes for free to customers who go through the drive-thru. They bought an extra 200 tons of potatoes to help out the farmers who had a huge surplus because of the pandemic.
6. The Massachusetts Department of Corrections has offered to take one week off of prison sentences for inmates who get the Covid vaccine.
7. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED Covid cases as of last night . . .
New daily cases in the U.S.: 113,459, with 3,999 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 27.1 million . . . with more than 461,000 deaths . . . and more than 16.9 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 104.9 million . . . with more than 2.2 million deaths . . . and more than 76.6 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.