Here’s a fresh round-up of Covid insanity . . .
1. Here’s a new term for you: “pangry.” It describes that angry feeling you get when you see someone who’s not taking the pandemic as seriously as you are.
2. Peeps had to shut down operations for Halloween and Christmas because they couldn’t operate at full capacity during the pandemic. But it looks like they are back in full force in time for their biggest moment of the year, Easter.
3. Have you given or received any Covid-related presents? 40% of people say they’ve never given or received a gift like face masks and hand sanitizer . . . but 57% of people say they HAVE given those, received them, or both.
4. Cats and dogs may need to get the Covid vaccine, according to some top scientists . . . because they can spread the virus to people.
5. “Vaccine chasers” have been going to vaccination sites near closing time, hoping they can get a leftover dose even though they’re not eligible for the vaccine yet.
6. The wealth that 10 of the richest men in the world have acquired during the pandemic would be enough to fund the vaccine for every single person in the entire world.
7. Ted Wheeler, the mayor of Portland, Oregon, pepper sprayed a guy without a mask who confronted him for eating at a restaurant.
8. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED Covid cases as of last night . . .
New daily cases in the U.S.: 152,244, with 1,897 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 25.8 million . . . with more than 431,000 deaths . . . and more than 15.6 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 100 million . . . with more than 2.1 million deaths . . . and more than 72.2 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.