Here’s a fresh round-up of coronavirus insanity . . .
1. “Secret pregnancies” are on the rise during the pandemic. Since people are staying home . . . and only appearing on Zoom from the chest up . . . women can keep their pregnancies hidden from coworkers and other people until they WANT to share the news.
And they’re taking advantage of that to avoid some of the downsides of people knowing you’re pregnant . . . as one woman said, quote, “A lot of people assume . . . you’re not mentally there, and that’s clearly not true.”
2. Here’s a new way to keep people socially distanced at a restaurant: Have them sit in their own Ferris wheel cars while they eat. There’s a restaurant in San Diego that’s planning to set that up in the next few months.
3. A guy in Texas who managed to get $17.7 million in PPP loans for businesses he only incorporated after the CARES Act started blew the money on houses, a Bentley, and more. He’s now been arrested on several federal fraud charges.
4. The Encore at Wynn casino in Las Vegas will now close from Monday through Thursday, quote, “until consumer demand for Las Vegas increases.”
5. The administration at Brigham Young University’s campus in Idaho is threatening to suspend any students who are purposely trying to get coronavirus so they can sell their plasma once they recover.
6. Some people around the country are starting to hoard food and, yes, toilet paper again in preparation for the next surge of coronavirus.
7. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED coronavirus cases as of last night . . .
New daily cases in the U.S.: 51,534, with 843 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 8 million . . . with more than 220,800 deaths . . . and more than 5.2 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 38.3 million . . . with more than 1 million deaths . . . and more than 28.8 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.