Here’s a fresh round-up of coronavirus insanity . . .
1. Rio de Janeiro has delayed its Carnival parade in February because of the pandemic . . . it’s the first time it’s been delayed since 1912, when it was suspended after the death of a top politician.
2. A congressman in Argentina has resigned after he was seen kissing his girlfriend’s bare breasts during a remote session . . . and he didn’t realize the entire thing was broadcast live on YouTube.
3. Here’s another random bit of fallout from the pandemic: A rise in cracked teeth. Dentists say people have been grinding their teeth more because of the stress, and that’s leading to a big surge in people with cracked teeth.
4. The CDC has issued some guidelines for Thanksgiving and they’re recommending people keep it very small. They’re saying if you plan on having dinner with people who don’t live in your household, you should do it outside.
5. A guy in Maryland who threw two large house parties back in March has been sentenced to one year in prison for two counts of failure to comply with an emergency order.
6. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED coronavirus cases as of last night . . .
New daily cases in the U.S.: 33,782, with 276 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 7.3 million . . . with more than 209,400 deaths . . . and more than 4.5 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 33.3 million . . . with more than 1 million deaths . . . and more than 24.6 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.