Here’s a fresh round-up of coronavirus insanity . . .
1. Pepperidge Farm is warning people that we might see a Milano cookie shortage during the holidays. They say it’s a mix of production issues because of the pandemic . . . and more demand for the cookies.
2. Santa is a superspreader? Santa visited a nursing home in Antwerp, Belgium . . . and now, 75 people there have tested positive for coronavirus.
And here in the U.S., about 50 kids in Georgia are now quarantining after posing for pictures with Santa and Mrs. Claus at a parade . . . and both Clauses wound up testing positive for coronavirus.
3. Two women in bikinis posted an Instagram video of them twerking in a public fountain in Seville, Spain at 4:31 A.M. . . . and now they’ve been fined for breaking the coronavirus curfew and not wearing masks in public.
4. A guy who took a four-and-a-half-hour jet ski ride from Scotland to the Isle of Man to visit his girlfriend was sentenced to four weeks in jail for violating the Isle of Man’s very strict coronavirus restrictions.
5. A company that sells doomsday bunkers says sales are up 2,000% as the pandemic goes on.
6. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED coronavirus cases as of last night . . .
New daily cases in the U.S.: 198,647, with 1,619 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 16.9 million . . . with more than 308,000 deaths . . . and more than 9.8 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 73.1 million . . . with more than 1.6 million deaths . . . and more than 51.3 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.
Originally posted on December 15th, 2020