Here’s a fresh round-up of coronavirus insanity . . .
1. The newest product that’s sold out everywhere is . . . beach chairs. People are buying them for socially distanced outside activities, so they’re becoming harder to find.
2. Disney World in Orlando is still planning to re-open on Saturday, even as coronavirus cases skyrocket in Florida.
3. This is definitely one way for tourist destinations to get people to come back. A campsite in Tarragona, Spain is offering coronavirus tests on-site to all guests, so they can make sure everyone inside is healthy and no one will need masks or distancing.
4. Jair Bolsonaro, the president of Brazil, has tested positive. He’s one of a handful of world leaders who’s dismissed how serious coronavirus is. Brazil is only behind the U.S. in terms of cases and deaths.
5. A guy in Florida had a freak out when people at Costco asked him to put on a mask. A video of him went viral, and he’s been fired from his job at an insurance agency. And a woman in Illinois was charged with battery over a mask fight at Home Depot.
6. The EPA has approved two Lysol products as ways to disinfect surfaces to protect against coronavirus.
7. A doctor in France says an analogy for people who refuse to wear face masks is people who drive drunk. Quote, “[That] would be considered antisocial, and not wearing face coverings in public should be regarded the same way.”
8. Two-thirds of Americans are personally worried about experiencing coronavirus.
9. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED coronavirus cases as of last night . . .
New daily cases in the U.S.: 55,433, with 994 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 3.09 million, with more than 133,900 deaths . . . and more than 1.35 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 11.9 million . . . with more than 546,000 deaths . . . and more than 6.9 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.