Here are a few more good news stories from the outbreak . . .
1. A fourth-grade teacher in Texas has been showing up at her former students’ homes, just to congratulate them for graduating high school.
2. A 10-year-old girl in Connecticut started a charity last year to send art kits to kids in foster care and underfunded schools. She was handing out 200 kits a month, but stepped it up when the crisis hit. She’s sent out another 1,500 kits since March.
3. A guy from the Isle of Man near the U.K. raised over $100,000 for charity by running 19 marathons in 19 days.
4. A couple in Michigan who’ve been married 70 years hadn’t been able to see each other during the pandemic, because the husband wasn’t allowed to visit the wife’s nursing home. But being apart was having a huge impact on their health. So the home made an exception, let him MOVE IN, and they had an emotional reunion last week.
5. The state of Indiana normally honors one educator with its “Teacher of the Year” award. But they just announced they’re giving it to ALL of the state’s 65,000 teachers this year.