A lot of people have been getting groceries delivered during COVID. So some of us may have forgotten our grocery store manners. Here are six tips . . .
1. Don’t leave your cart in the middle of the parking lot. It blocks parking spaces, and it’s just annoying. Take the extra 30 seconds to return it.
(BONUS: Check out this theory on shopping cart returns)
2. Don’t leave the checkout line to go grab another item. If the line is three people deep and you’re still waiting, fine. But once you’re checking out, you can’t leave.
3. Don’t block the aisle with your cart. Move it to the side so other people can get by. We’re still in a pandemic, so no one wants to touch your cart to move it.
4. Gaming the “10 items or less” lane. Don’t line up with 15 items and expect no one to notice. A recent poll found 89% of us think “10 items or less” should be a strict rule, and even 11 isn’t okay.
5. Letting your kids misbehave. The grocery store isn’t a jungle gym. They can have fun and be kids. Just don’t let them get too crazy.