Here’s a fresh round-up of Covid insanity . . .
1. Book sales are way up during the pandemic . . . not necessarily because people want to read them, but because they want to fill up the bookshelves behind them in their Zoom calls.
2. A jobs expert from Wales is going viral after she appeared on a BBC News broadcast discussing unemployment . . . without realizing that a very large, anatomically correct LOVE TOY was visible on the bookshelf behind her.
3. 60% of Americans receive more deliveries now than they did before the pandemic started. Two out of five people wash their hands after they handle a package . . . and one-third disinfect their deliveries.
4. A company is now selling a Covid passport that has a scannable code that links to your proof of vaccination. It’ll cost you $19.95.
5. The DNA testing company 23andMe has launched a new tool that can predict a person’s risk of developing a severe case of Covid.
6. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED Covid cases as of last night . . .
New daily cases in the U.S.: 151,727, with 3,912 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 26.1 million . . . with more than 439,000 deaths . . . and more than 15.9 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 101.4 million . . . with more than 2.1 million deaths . . . and more than 73.3 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.