Here’s a fresh round-up of Covid insanity . . .
1. Tinder REALLY wants people to start hooking up again. So Tinder is giving out 1,000 free Covid tests on Saturday to help 500 matches feel more comfortable meeting up and, you know, doing what people do when they meet up with Tinder matches.
2. The big new pandemic trend in some Persian Gulf countries is . . . adults drinking out of baby bottles. That’s right: The stress of the pandemic has made people so nostalgic for childhood that they’re drinking out of baby bottles.
3. There have been very few serious side effects confirmed with the AstraZeneca Covid vaccine . . . but some patients are trying to blame all sorts of things on it, including breast enlargement, weight gain, random moaning, sunburn, and genital herpes.
4. The Uber passenger in San Francisco who pulled off her driver’s mask and coughed on him is facing several charges . . . and a total of up to 20 years in prison.
5. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED Covid cases as of last night . . .
New daily cases in the U.S.: 52,650, with 1,248 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 30.2 million . . . with more than 549,000 deaths . . . and more than 22.3 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 121.2 million . . . with more than 2.6 million deaths . . . and more than 97.8 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.