Here’s a fresh round-up of Covid insanity . . .
1. Here’s the latest company to give you a nice little bonus for getting vaccinated. Between now and May 15th, you can get a free Sam Adams beer for getting vaccinated.
You just have to buy a Sam Adams at a bar and send them a photo of your vaccination sticker, bandage, or card and they’ll send you $7 to cover it.
2. A volcano erupted in the Caribbean country St. Vincent on Friday . . . and only people who have gotten the Covid vaccine can evacuate. That’s because the other countries nearby are afraid to take in unvaccinated people.
3. A woman attacked an employee at a Dunkin’ Donuts using the tip jar last week for asking her to put on a mask.
4. More people are booking cruises now than they did before the pandemic, according to the website CruiseCompete.com. They say bookings are 40% higher than in 2019.
5. A new survey found people who refuse to get the Covid vaccine say they feel safer traveling than anyone . . . even people who’ve been vaccinated.
6. Here are the updated stats on vaccinations and Covid cases as of last night . . .
Covid vaccinations in the U.S.: 119.2 million people have received at least one dose or 35.9% of the population. 72.6 million people, or 21.9%, are fully vaccinated.
New daily cases in the U.S.: 47,864, with 276 new deaths. That brings the total to 31.9 million cases . . . with more than 575,000 deaths . . . and more than 24.4 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 136.6 million . . . with more than 2.9 million deaths . . . and more than 109.8 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.