Here’s a fresh round-up of Covid insanity . . .
1. More men than ever are buying makeup. The main reason? All these guys are seeing themselves on Zoom calls during the pandemic and aren’t happy with how they look.
2. Some leaders of YAKUZA . . . which is the Japanese mafia . . . are upset at how the pandemic has affected all of their illegal and legitimate businesses.
Illegal ones include gambling and selling things on the black market . . . legitimate ones include food stands at open markets.
3. Has the pandemic affected your sleep? According to a new survey, 24% of people say they’ve slept worse than they did before. 57% say it hasn’t affected their sleep . . . and 14% are sleeping BETTER.
4. President Biden announced yesterday that the U.S. will have enough vaccines for EVERY adult by the end of May . . . which is a jump from the old estimate of June.
5. Texas has decided to lift ALL Covid restrictions 100% as of next week . . . no masks, all businesses open, full capacity everywhere. This plan goes against CDC guidelines, especially when we’re SO close to vaccination levels hitting critical mass.
6. If you’ve thought about lying about a medical condition so you can jump the vaccine line, that’s a bad idea for so many reasons . . . one of which is that your insurance company may see your “condition” in your medical records and raise your rates.
7. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED Covid cases as of last night . . .
New daily cases in the U.S.: 56,890, with 1,989 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 29.3 million . . . with more than 529,000 deaths . . . and more than 19.9 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 115.3 million . . . with more than 2.5 million deaths . . . and more than 91.1 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.