Here’s a fresh round-up of Covid insanity . . .
1. Health experts are worried that Super Bowl parties could be Covid superspreader events. The CDC even issued guidelines asking people to stay home. But if you just HAVE to have a party, do it outdoors and social distance.
For what it’s worth, a new survey found 68% of people who are going to watch the Super Bowl say they’re going to do it home alone or just with people in their household.
2. Remember the “Zoombombing” thing early in the pandemic where people would crash someone else’s Zoom . . . usually to do something offensive? A new study found that in most cases, it wasn’t hackers . . . it was an inside job.
The researchers found most of the Zoombombers got an invitation from some member of the meeting . . . or someone from the meeting posted the details on social media specifically to TRY to have someone bomb it.
4. There’s been more demand for hot air balloon rides during the pandemic . . . which actually kinda makes sense as a Covid-safe activity. And now, some airline pilots who are out of work have been training to fly hot air balloons.
5. Here are the latest state-by-state Covid safety rankings. Alaska is on top . . . Alabama is last.
6. A guy in California had a virtual court date . . . and took the video call while he was in a barber chair getting his hair cut.
7. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED Covid cases as of last night . . .
New daily cases in the U.S.: 121,627, with 3,523 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 27.2 million, with more than 466,000 deaths . . . and more than 17 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 105.4 million . . . with more than 2.2 million deaths . . . and more than 77 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.