Here’s a fresh round-up of Covid insanity . . .
1. American Airlines has figured out a way to get rid of all the alcohol they haven’t been able to sell on planes . . . they’ve created a new wine delivery service. You can order the fancy bottles of wine they serve to first class for $13 to $40 per bottle.
2. The Los Angeles County superspreader task force has been breaking up a surprisingly large number of underground stripper parties. They broke up THREE of them last Thursday alone, then another one last Friday.
3. Here’s another one of those random products that’s selling like crazy during the pandemic: Snowshoes. Lots of people are taking up walking in the snow for exercise this winter, so they’re buying up all the snowshoes.
4. In Bali, Indonesia, foreigners who break Covid health protocols are being forced to do push-ups.
5. After one year of Covid, there has now been a case of the virus in every single U.S. county. The final one was Kalawao County, which is a 70-person county on the island of Molokai in Hawaii.
6. The safest state for Covid is . . . the state with tons of space and very few people. A new study ranked all 50 states from the safest to least safe place during Covid, and Alaska was ranked safest. Arizona is the least safe.
7. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED Covid cases as of last night . . .
New daily cases in the U.S.: 193,758, with 4,363 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 25.1 million . . . with more than 420,000 deaths . . . and more than 15.1 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 98 million . . . with more than 2.1 million deaths . . . and more than 70.4 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.