Here’s a fresh round-up of Covid insanity . . .
1. A Covid outbreak in Chile has been traced to . . . someone throwing a birthday party for their cat. At least 15 people at that party caught the virus . . . the cat did not.
2. Someone on TikTok came up with a new hack to keep people from spitting all over a cake when they blow out birthday candles.
They got a store-bought cake . . . cut holes in its plastic cover . . . then put the candles in those holes.
3. A guy from California lived inside of O’Hare International Airport in Chicago for three months because he was afraid to fly during the pandemic. He stole an airport worker’s credentials and mostly survived on bumming food from other people.
He’s now facing felony charges for criminal trespassing.
4. Ice cream can spread Covid? Three boxes of ice cream made in China tested positive for Covid . . . and the experts think it’s because the cold temperatures kept it preserved. Fortunately, they also think it’s a fluke and won’t affect YOUR ice cream.
5. A guy in England who was busted for breaking quarantine rules by traveling 100 miles from his home said he did it because he wanted to get McDonald’s. He was fined around $275.
6. A guy on a United Airlines flight who performed CPR on someone WITH COVID last month finally got his thank you from United for risking his life . . . a $200 voucher.
7. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED Covid cases as of last night . . .
New daily cases in the U.S.: 174,560, with 1,846 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 24.4 million . . . with more than 407,000 deaths . . . and more than 14.4 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 95.4 million . . . with more than two million deaths . . . and more than 68.1 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.