Here’s a fresh round-up of coronavirus insanity . . .
1. It’s probably time to start making plans for a Zoom Thanksgiving. Public health experts say that factors like schools reopening, cold weather, holiday travel, and fatigue over social distancing and masks will make in-person Thanksgiving risky.
2. Something that may slow down America’s push to develop a coronavirus vaccine is . . . a monkey shortage? Usually, treatments are tested on monkeys before they can finally go to humans . . . but there aren’t enough lab monkeys to go around.
3. A 67-year-old woman was kicked out of a bingo hall in Pickering, Ontario, Canada when she refused to put a mask over the breathing hole in her neck.
4. The mayor of Philadelphia has apologized after someone got a photo of him eating indoors in a restaurant in Maryland . . . while restaurants in his city are banned from having people eat inside.
5. Someone’s still tweeting using Herman Cain’s account even after he died from coronavirus . . . and they non-ironically tweeted on Sunday, quote, “It looks like the virus is not as deadly as the mainstream media first made it out to be.” The tweet has since been deleted.
6. Your latest coronavirus product shortage is . . . boats. There’s been a huge increase in boat sales during the pandemic as people have been looking for safe activities to do.
7. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED coronavirus cases as of last night . . .
New daily cases in the U.S.: 38,560, with 512 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 6.2 million, with more than 187,700 deaths . . . and more than 3.4 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 25.6 million . . . with more than 854,000 deaths . . . and more than 17.9 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.