Here’s a fresh round-up of coronavirus insanity . . .
1. People who are over six feet tall are TWICE as likely to catch coronavirus as shorter people, according to a new study. The researchers say it’s a sign coronavirus can build up and spread through the air . . . which is yet another reason to wear a mask.
2. Here’s another good reason to wear a mask: It makes it harder for surveillance cameras to trace you. A new study found face masks are doing a great job breaking facial recognition algorithms and causing them to make up to 50% more mistakes.
3. There have been reports in the past few months that people had cut back on smoking because of the pandemic. Well, the company that makes Marlboro cigarettes says nope . . . people have been smoking MORE this year.
It’s most likely one of the ways people are coping with how stressful things are right now . . . and because all of the negative press around e-cigarettes has pushed people back to regular cigarettes.
4. The president of Belarus . . . who denied that coronavirus was a real threat and said drinking vodka could prevent it . . . has tested positive.
5. Officials in Pakistan are telling people to buy their sacrificial animals online instead of in-person to try to avoid catching coronavirus at a market.
6. One guy in England took social distancing to the next level and had a picnic in a 60-foot tree.
7. Coronavirus may be responsible for about one-third of the museums in the U.S. shutting down for good. That’s a total of around 12,000 museums.
8. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED coronavirus cases as of last night.
New daily cases in the U.S.: 64,729, with 1,245 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: Just under 4.5 million, with more than 152,000 deaths . . . and more than 2.1 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 16.9 million . . . with more than 663,000 deaths . . . and more than 10.4 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.