Here are some NOT-so-serious stories we’ve seen about the coronavirus outbreak . . .
1. A new online calculator helps you figure out how much money you’re SAVING because of the quarantine . . . it adds up things like your meals at restaurants, nights out, car expenses, and childcare.
2. Here’s an unexpected side effect of the coronavirus: No new emojis next year. The Unicode Consortium, which regulates the standard set of emojis, had to push back its deadlines, so next year’s release will be delayed to 2022.
3. A guy in the U.K. who was busted for driving 130 miles-per-hour said he was speeding to avoid coronavirus.
4. This isn’t the normal type of driving you see at Daytona International Speedway. The race track is setting up a drive-thru coronavirus testing site today.
5. With more people cooking at home, there’s been an increase in people going to the hospital with burns . . . and that’s not good, since the hospitals are already crowded enough.
6. 24% of people say they’ve gained weight since the beginning of the pandemic. Somehow 19% say they’ve lost weight.