Here’s a fresh round-up of coronavirus insanity . . .
1. A tequila bar called 400 Rabbits in the U.K. is trying to get around coronavirus restrictions by registering as a church . . . since churches are allowed to be open right now. It’s calling itself The Church of the 400 Rabbits.
2. The average time people spend washing their hands has dipped from 19 seconds in July down to 16 seconds today. We still wash our hands an average of eight times a day . . . we’re just spending less time washing them.
3. Hawaii is offering free roundtrip tickets for 50 people to come work in the state remotely. The applications open up on the 15th.
4. According to a report by the University of Maryland, men have had a harder time keeping their friendships going during the pandemic because they’re used to more, quote, “shoulder-to-shoulder” interactions like going to bars, and less time talking.
5. 1.2 million Americans flew on Sunday, which is the largest number since the pandemic started.
6. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED coronavirus cases as of last night . . .
New daily cases in the U.S.: 161,568, with 1,238 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 13.9 million, with more than 274,000 deaths . . . and more than 8.2 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 63.5 million . . . with more than 1.4 million deaths . . . and more than 43.9 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.