Here’s a fresh round-up of coronavirus insanity . . .
1. A guy in England was spotted using a snake as a face mask . . . he had it wrapped around his face on a bus.
2. Way more cats may have coronavirus than we think. A new study in China tested 102 cats and found 15 of them had coronavirus antibodies . . . which would suggest they had and beat the virus.
3. A line of hand sanitizer called Leafree is being recalled after they accidentally printed “edible alcohol” on the bottle.
4. The famous bar Coyote Ugly in New York City has shut down after 28 years. The owner says, quote, “After sitting closed for six months . . . we simply can’t afford to pay rent.”
5. 22% of Americans still think the idea of just letting the virus run wild to try to achieve “herd immunity” is a good idea.
6. There’s been a large increase in the number of people trying to buy guns during the pandemic, which has led to a backup in background checks. And that means dealers can sell the people the guns after three days without one.
7. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED coronavirus cases as of last night . . .
New daily cases in the U.S.: 36,447, with 1,197 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 6.7 million . . . with more than 200,000 deaths . . . and more than four million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 29.7 million . . . with more than 939,000 deaths . . . and more than 21.5 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.