Here’s a fresh round-up of coronavirus insanity . . .
1. The pandemic has led to a major plastic surgery boom. Doctors say people are getting surgery now because with no place to go, they have time to stay home and heal.
2. A big swinger’s festival in the U.K. is still happening this weekend . . . but sex is banned because of coronavirus. So people in attendance just have to enjoy non-sexual activities and conversations? Pass.
3. This might be the weirdest product to come out of the pandemic yet. A taxidermist in England who also invents weird stuff has created a spring-loaded stuffed rat’s leg to give high-fives to people who miss high fiving.
4. The adult website CamSoda has set up pop-up studios with sanitized pods so cam girls don’t have to bother the people in their houses with their loud, horny work.
5. With fewer cars out during the pandemic, yet another record has been set in the Cannonball Run . . . driving from New York to L.A. as fast as possible. Two guys just did it in 25 hours, 39 minutes in an Audi modified to look like a cop car. Their average speed was around 110 miles per hour.
6. You know how we’ve been thinking that all food is more or less safe to eat during the pandemic? A new study found coronavirus can survive on frozen meat and fish for three weeks.
And some scientists think that might be how countries that had basically beaten coronavirus, like New Zealand, had new cases. But their concern is more about exposing factory workers and other food handlers to the virus than us eating the meat.
7. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED coronavirus cases as of last night . . .
New daily cases in the U.S.: 32,718, with 430 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 5.8 million, with more than 180,600 deaths . . . and more than 3.1 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 23.5 million . . . with more than 812,000 deaths . . . and more than 16 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.