Technology changes really fast, so you’d THINK we’d be getting rid of outdated stuff all the time. But we’re also LAZY and deep down we’re all hoarders.
Someone on Reddit just asked people to name the oldest piece of technology they have in their house, and there are some great answers in there . . .
1. “A top-loading VCR with dial tuners for VHF and UHF.”
2. “A microwave that’s older than most of the people who live in the house.”
3. “A rotary phone that still works.” Or, as someone else put it, quote, “A telephone with the circle sliding thing.”
4. “Cassettes, but not a cassette player.”
5. “A reel-to-reel tape recorder and player.”
6. “A RadioShack handheld keyboard.”
7. “A Rolodex of business cards . . . I’m 25.”