IT HAPPENED TODAY
• 1607: Jamestown, Virginia, was settled as an English colony.
• 1804: The Lewis and Clark Expedition departed from Camp Dubois and began its historic journey by traveling up the Missouri River.
• 1973: Skylab, the United States’ first space station, was launched.
• 1998: The finale of Seinfeld aired on NBC, with 76 million viewers tuning in.
• 2009: A church in East Sussex, England, unveiled a bronze statue dubbed “Jesus in jeans” depicting Christ as a man of the 21st century. The $50,000, seven-foot high bronze statue was funded by money left by a late parishioner. Christ is wearing jeans and a shirt billowing in the wind while his hair and beard are neatly and fashionably trimmed.
• 2018: Scientists at the University of California successfully executed a memory transfer in snails.
• 2019: Wikipedia confirmed China had banned all versions of its site.
Get a FREE Coffee on us! You’ll receive a $15 credit to Foray Coffee when you sign up and use the KKRV Code: W831TJ2
This Day in History is Sponsored by:
Order through the app – GPS times it perfectly so it’s fresh & ready right when you arrive.
North Wenatchee Location
1544 North Wenatchee Ave
Wenatchee, WA 98801
Monday-Friday 5:30am – 6pm
Saturday-Sunday 6:30am – 6pm