The World’s “Most Admired” Men and Women
YouGov.com has released its annual list of the world’s “most admired” men and women . . . and thankfully, it isn’t silly stuff like Kanye West, the Kardashians, YouTubers, Korean boy bands, and the “Old Town Road” guy.
It’s mostly world leaders, innovators, influential thinkers, plus a few superstar athletes and entertainers. To come up with the list, they talked to more than 42,000 people in 41 countries. Here are the World’s 10 Most Admired Men:
1. Bill Gates
2. Barack Obama
3. Jackie Chan
4. Chinese leader Xi Jinping
5. Chinese businessman Jack Ma
6. Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi
7. Soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo
8. The Dalai Lama
9. Soccer Star Lionel Messi
10. Russian leader Vladimir Putin
Others include: Warren Buffett at #11, Elon Musk at #13, Donald Trump at #14, and Pope Francis at #15.
The World’s 10 Most Admired Women are:
1. Michelle Obama
3. Angelina Jolie
4. Queen Elizabeth the Second
5. Emma Watson
6. Education activist Malala Yousafzai
7. Chinese singer Peng Liyuan
8. Hillary Clinton
9. Chinese chemist Tu Youyou, who discovered drugs used to treat malaria.
10. Taylor Swift
Others include: Madonna at #11, (Nick Jonas’ wife) Priyanka Chopra at #14, Ellen DeGeneres at #15, and Melania Trump at #19.
In America alone, the Top Five men are: Obama, Trump, Clint Eastwood, Bill Gates, and Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson.
The Top Five women for Americans are: Michelle Obama, Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Melania Trump, Ellen, and Queen Elizabeth, which is weird. Why does she matter that much to Americans? (YouGov)