According to a new poll, 42% of Americans say the pandemic has turned them into a “germaphobe.” And we now wash our hands an average of nine times a day.
We’ve relaxed about some stuff though. People were asked to name things they did at the start of the pandemic but DON’T do anymore. Here are the top answers . . .
1. Changing your clothes as soon as you get home. Half of people who did it early in the pandemic have stopped.
2. Sanitizing your groceries. 48% don’t do it anymore.
3. Sanitizing packages or mail, 44%.
4. Carrying hand sanitizer at all times. 31% have relaxed about it.
5. Immediately washing fruits and vegetables when you get home from the store, 29%.
6. Constantly washing your hands, even if you haven’t gone anywhere, 29%.
7. Doing everything you can to avoid touching stuff when you’re out, 23%.
8. Washing your hands for at least 20 seconds. 18% have relaxed about it.