The Mega Millions Jackpot just tipped the scales over $1billion after no grand prize tickets were sold for the Tuesday night drawing. You have until Friday night to buy your ticket for the next drawing. Some bummer pessimist wanted to remind you that the odds are not in your favor:
Apparently we’re more likely to be destroyed by an asteroid than win the Mega Millions. Thanks buddy! I’m still buying a ticket.
- Nikki and her boyfriends just bought a house. Nikki is a first time homeowner, so she is learning the unspoken rules of neighborly etiquette.
- Today is Barbie In A Blender Day!! Tom Forsythe, a photographer, once published Barbie doll images near and inside a blender. His mission was to criticize consumer culture and the objectification of women through the photos. But the Mattel company filed a case against him for publishing the images, claiming copyright infringement. In 2004, Forsythe won the case and received $1.8 million in compensation. Barbie-in-a-Blender Day was then created to celebrate his efforts and to promote the importance of free artistic expression.
- KEEP YOUR PETS SAFE DURING THE HEAT WAVE:
- Even if your pets are inside keep their water in a shady area so it doesn’t warm up.
- Protect their paws on hot pavement.
- The Humane Society of the United States has more great information!
- Country Music Calendar Spotlight: 2000
“I Hope You Dance” by country singer Lee Ann Womack with Sons of the Desert was at #1 on the Country chart. Considered to be Womack’s signature song, “I Hope You Dance” won the 2001 CMA, ACM, NSAI, ASCAP and BMI awards for Song of the Year. It also won the Grammy Award for Best Country Song and was nominated for Song of the Year.