Six Stats for National Donut Day
Here are a few stats on our love of donuts for National Donut Day . . .
1. Our three favorite types of donuts are glazed, Boston cream, and chocolate frosted. Only 1% of people in a recent survey said they hate ALL donuts.
2. Would you ever cut a donut in half, and not eat the whole thing? 34% of us say no way. 66% say it’s acceptable.
3. If you did cut a donut in half, who would you most likely share it with? 34% said their significant other . . . 32% said their kids . . . and 11% said no one, it’s MY DONUT.
4. 56% of us have brought donuts into work before. And just over half of us think more HIGHLY of co-workers who bring us free donuts.
5. 22% of people think donuts are the best food to post on Instagram. Pizza’s next with 19% of the vote, then ice cream with 15%. (The survey was done by Dunkin’ Donuts though, so take that one with a grain of salt.)
6. How do you SPELL the word “donut”? Two different surveys asked that question this year and got similar results. One found 57% spell it D-O-N-U-T . . . and 43% spell it D-O-U-G-H-N-U-T.
The second survey found 59% use the shorter spelling. And young people are more likely to spell it that way.
(PR Newswire / YouGov / National Today)