One Thing in Every Room That We Never Clean
We’re a month from the first day of spring. But if you want to get a head start on spring cleaning, here’s one thing in every room we never clean . . .
1. In your bathroom: Your shower head. Soak it in a vinegar solution and use a brush to remove mold and minerals. If it doesn’t detach, fill a plastic bag and tie it on there. Ideally, you should do it once a month. But once a year is okay.
2. In your kitchen: The top of your refrigerator. Most people aren’t tall enough to see up there, so we forget about it. But get on a stool and check it out. It’s probably filthy. No one ever cleans BEHIND their appliances either.
3. In your living room: Deep-clean under your couch cushions. You should at least be vacuuming under there every now and then.
4. In your bedroom: The drawer pulls on your dresser and nightstand. We touch them every day but never clean them, so they’re covered in bacteria.
5. Something that might be in multiple rooms: Houseplants. They collect dust just like any surface. So dust or wipe them down every now and then. Too much dust can actually block sunlight and affect their health.