Here are a few more good news stories from the outbreak . . .
1. Maybe you miss your coworkers, but THIS much? Five people from an A.I. company in New York were sick of self-isolating and sick of Zoom. So they all moved in together for a month. They pooled their money and rented out an entire bed-and-breakfast in Connecticut. Each person dropped $2,400 on it.
2. A charity called Brides Across America is giving free wedding dresses to nurses.
3. An 11-year-old girl in Houston has been running a nonprofit called Lily’s Toy Box that sends toys to kids who need them. She started it three years ago after Hurricane Harvey. But now she’s sending them to the kids of first responders.
4. A nurse in Chile has been taking care of COVID-19 patients around the clock. But two days a week, she still sticks around after work to play her violin for them.
5. Spirit Airlines did something pretty cool last week. And they couldn’t have done it if there weren’t empty planes sitting everywhere. A four-year-old girl from Puerto Rico had a medical issue on a flight to Philadelphia, and it had to land in Turks and Caicos.
She’s okay. But her family didn’t have their passports, because they’re not required if you’re flying from Puerto Rico. So Spirit got them food . . . clothes . . . a place to stay . . . and then flew in an empty plane just to get them home.