Here are a few more good news stories from the outbreak . . .
1. Diet Coke is doing a contest where you can nominate ‘everyday heroes’ from the pandemic. Or anyone who’s gone above and beyond in 2020, including parents, teachers, and co-workers. And three people will win a year’s supply of Diet Coke.
2. A 14-year-old girl in Texas just won $25,000 through an annual contest called the Young Scientist Challenge. She got it for her work on a molecule that could potentially bind to proteins in the virus and make them inactive.
3. Still haven’t been to the dentist this year? A new study found you shouldn’t be too worried about them getting you sick. Less than 1% of dentists have had the virus.
4. Parts of Canada clamped down this month to slow the spread, and restaurants had to close their dining rooms. So on the last day they were open, someone walked into a restaurant in Ottawa, bought a bottle of wine for $37, and tipped the staff 700 bucks.
5. A 67-year-old woman in Michigan who spent 196 days in the hospital just left after beating COVID. She’d been there since early April, so just over six months.