Here are a few more good news stories from the outbreak . . .
1. A 75-year-old guy in England with no family recently lost his wife. And he was so lonely in lockdown, he put a sign on his window just looking for someone to talk to. But now he has lots of options after hundreds of people got in touch. He got so many emails, his inbox crashed. And a bunch of kids want to adopt him as their grandfather.
2. Have you been going on more walks since the pandemic hit? A new study found even just one 15-minute walk a week can boost emotional well-being and put you in a better mood. Especially if there’s nature around.
3. Most experts figured this was the case. But a study at the Cleveland Clinic found getting a flu shot will NOT weaken your immune system and up your risk for COVID.
4. Researchers in Virginia say it looks like an experimental cancer drug called AR-12 might prevent the coronavirus from infecting cells and multiplying in your body. And it might work for other viruses too, like the flu and HIV.
5. Here’s one nice side effect of the pandemic. It’s been helping out rhinos in a big way. Officials in South Africa say the number of rhinos killed by poachers has dropped 50% compared to last year.