Let ‘Er Rip! The Health Benefits Of Passing Gas
If you’ve ever shamed yourself or have been shamed by someone else for passing wind, just tell them you’re being healthy.
• Bloat Reduction: Bloating is caused by a build-up of gas in your gut which farting releases.
• It Helps to Balance Your Diet: Passing wind can help you to determine whether or not your diet is balanced since your body will react to different foods in a different manner. So, if you’re eating a lot of red meat, your farts will stink more. If you eat a lot of carbs, you’ll fart more but they’ll have a more neutral odor.
• Reduce Abdominal Pain: Holding your gas can cause abdominal pain, also known as intestinal distension. So letting your gas go will help relieve this pain.
• Colon Health: Holding in gas or trying to manipulate the way it is released can harm your colon and inflame your hemorrhoids. Those who have problems with their colon are told not to keep their farts in. So, it’s best to just pass gas naturally when you need to.
• Smelling Your Farts is Healthy: Though no one will admit it, everyone likes the smell of their own farts. Maybe this is because we instinctually know that it’s good for us. This is because the hydrogen sulfide produced in our intestines during digestion may prevent mitochondrial damage to our cells. This prevents strokes, heart disease, and arthritis.