Anyone out there got a great couples costume planned for Halloween?
StudyFinds.com combed through advice sites to predict the “best” couples costumes of 2023. Can you guess what #1 is? Hint: It’s not Midge and Allan.
“Study Finds” says Ken and Barbie is the best couples costume this year. The one reason to avoid it is you might not be the ONLY Ken and Barbie at the party.
The rest of their top five are Mario and Luigi . . . Bob Ross and a Happy Little Tree . . . Fred and Daphne from “Scooby-Doo” . . . and Ariel and Prince Eric from “The Little Mermaid”.
BuzzFeed just did a big poll on couples costumes to help people decide if their idea is “cute” or “cringey.” Over 35,000 people voted, and two of the costumes we just mentioned were part of the poll. Here’s how people voted . . .
1. Ken and Barbie? 78% say cute. 22% say cringey.
2. Fred and Daphne from “Scooby-Doo”? 74% think it’s a good one.
3. Homer and Marge? 67% say cringey. In general, straight-out-of-the-bag costumes . . . and anything that seems outdated . . . didn’t do as well.
4. Cruella de Vil and a Dalmatian? 63% say it’s cringey.
5. Kermit and Miss Piggy? 55% say cringey.
6. Harley Quinn and the Joker? It’s close. 49% say cute, 51% say cringey.
7. Peter Pan and Wendy? Close again. 49% cute, 51% cringey.
9. Mickey and Minnie? 53% still think it’s a great couple’s costume.
10. A plug and an outlet? The hardware is down where YOUR hardware is. It’s the least-popular costume on the list at 89% cringe.