Good News: Deserving Pets, Child Artists, and Eccentric Dads
Here are a few more good news stories making the rounds . . .
1. A 2022 Mustang Shelby worth $112,000 just raised over $1 MILLION at a charity auction for hurricane relief. Most of the money came from two people. A guy paid $400,000 but gave the car back, then it resold for another $300,000.
2. A YouTuber named Mark Rober just posted a third installment of his obstacle course for squirrels. It’s called Backyard Squirrelympics 3.0 and it was the top trending video on YouTube last we checked.
3. A 64-year-old guy spent three years creating a full-body floating suit made out of 1,150 wine corks . . . all so he could surprise his family with it during a recent trip to Lake Michigan. He thought they’d think he was nuts, but they loved it. There’s a video of them all trying it out. (Here’s the video.)
4. A gym owner from the U.K. broke a world record for highest fitness class . . . “high” as in altitude. They led a 30-minute class on top of a mountain in Nepal at 19,803 feet.
5. A poll asked people to name the best things about adopting a pet from a shelter. The top answers include: You’ve changed their life forever . . . you may have saved them from being put down . . . and you have a new best friend.
6. A 12-year-old artist from Iowa named Arsh Pal has been selling his paintings to raise money for St. Jude Children’s Hospital. He started four years ago and hoped to raise $1,000. He’s now raised over 15 grand.