A 90-year-old woman named Catherine Ritchie lives alone, just outside Tulsa, Oklahoma.  She was getting ready for bed last month when she walked into her bedroom . . . and her mattress was on FIRE.

It’s not clear how the fire started.  But she realized she couldn’t put it out.  So she hit her emergency call button and started making her way outside.

But by that point, the smoke was so thick, she couldn’t see anything.  She had to feel her way along the wall just to get out of her bedroom.  And she accidentally walked into a closet instead.

But luckily, four teenage boys happened to walk outside to go get snacks at a convenience store.  And they ran over to help when they smelled the smoke.

Three of them tried to break down Catherine’s front door.  Then their 14-year-old friend Nick Byrd managed to get in through the back.  And he’s the one who found her.

She was in a hallway, still trying to find her way out.  So he picked her up, carried her outside, and she’s okay.

Firefighters were able to stop the fire from spreading and save the house.  Catherine says she’s extremely grateful and amazed at how “special” the young men are.