You might be sad (and surprised) to learn that some of your favorite fictional characters in movies and TV shows were ORIGINALLY meant to die. Here is a list . . .
1. Poe Dameron in “Star Wars” . . . He was originally supposed to die in the opening scene in “Force Awakens” but Oscar Isaac asked J.J. Abrams to change it.
2. Eleven in “Stranger Things” . . . The Duffer Brothers thought the series would only be one season so Eleven was going to originally sacrifice herself to save the world.
3. Meredith Palmer in “The Office” . . . Remember when Michael Scott hit her with his car? They thought about making it FATAL.
4. Ron Weasley in “Harry Potter” . . . J.K. Rowling considered killing him off halfway through writing the series.
5. Steve Harrington in “Stranger Things” . . . The Duffer Brothers were originally going to kill him off in season one, but Joe Keery’s performance changed their minds.
6. Happy Hogan in “Iron Man 3” . . . In the storyboard, he was intended to die in a massive explosion.
7. Kenny McCormick in “South Park” . . . His death in season five was intended to be permanent, but he was missed too much so he reappeared at the end of season six.
8. Castiel in “Supernatural” . . . Misha Collins was originally hired for only a few episodes, but his character became popular.
9. Matilda in “Matilda” . . . Early drafts of the Roald Dahl book showed he meant to kill her off at the end.
10. Jesse Pinkman in “Breaking Bad” . . . He was originally supposed to be murdered by a drug dealer in season one.
(Hit up BuzzFeed.com to see the complete list.)