Michael Osterholm is an infectious disease expert out of the University of Minnesota and one of the foremost authorities on the topic of pandemics in the world.
With so much noise and misinformation circulating around about the coronavirus pandemic, it’s CRUCIAL to listen to the experts to get the facts.
Michael did an interview with Joe Rogan on Tuesday, and here are some of the most important things he said . . .
1. The coronavirus isn’t going away next week. He says the next three to six months could be like this. We’re not going to have a vaccine anytime soon, so this is going to be our new normal for the time being.
2. This pandemic could be 10 to 15 times worse than a bad flu season. He’s projecting 96 million cases, 48 million hospitalizations, and 480,000 deaths over the next three to seven months.
3. It’s not just a disease for old people, although elderly people with compromised immune systems have the highest fatality risk. There have also been lots of horrible cases in people in their 40s and 50s. So far, it HASN’T been as serious in children.
4. There are about four days between when you breathe in and contract the disease and when you show symptoms. And as we’ve already heard, you ARE contagious during that time.
5. The primary method for transmission is breathing. So the best preventative measures are to avoid large public spaces and try to limit contact as best you can.
You’ll find these different discussions at the timestamps listed below . . .
0:40 How bad is Coronavirus
4:00 Is the virus an “old persons” disease
5:18 Incubation period
7:50 What can be done to prevent infection
13:45 Drug shortages
15:20 Sauna use effect on infections
18:00 Was Coronavirus man-made
22:00 Prions and deer diseases
32:00 Is Corona seasonal
35:00 Corona could be 10 times worse than the flu
35:25 Corona will stay around for months
36:10 Coronavirus vs Spanish flu
38:30 How can we prepare our immune system
43:20 Do hand sanitizers and masks work
50:00 We stockpile weapons more than medical goods
54:30 Will people panic if they are told the truth
1:02:00 Why a virus would originate from China
1:11:30 What to do if you get the flu
1:15:45 Lime disease and ticks
1:23:00 Effects of fire suppression on ecosystem
1:30:00 Vaccine for Coronavirus