Here’s a fresh round-up of Covid insanity . . .
1. A new study found working from home DOES make you more productive. The study found that the American economy is seeing a 5% boost in productivity from remote work, mostly thanks to people saving time on commuting.
2. People want to keep working from home even when the pandemic is over. A new study found 58% of people who’ve been remote in the past year say they’d look for a new job if they can’t stay remote.
And only 2% of people want to go back to working in an office full time.
3. There aren’t enough rental cars for all of the tourists who are visiting Hawaii now . . . so some people have started renting U-Hauls to drive around on their vacations.
4. What happens when stores and businesses start reopening . . . but places are still keeping their bathrooms mostly closed? That’s happening in the U.K. right now, and apparently, one popular solution is to just, you know, move your bowels outside.
5. Here are the updated stats on vaccinations and Covid cases as of last night . . .
Covid vaccinations in the U.S.: 135.7 million people have received at least one dose or 40.9% of the population. 89.2 million people, or 26.9%, are fully vaccinated.
New daily cases in the U.S.: 67,070, with 896 new deaths. That brings the total to 32.6 million cases . . . with more than 584,000 deaths . . . and more than 25.2 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 145.3 million . . . with more than 3 million deaths . . . and more than 123.3 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.