Here’s a fresh round-up of Covid insanity . . .
1. There’s a hotline you can call when you just need to SCREAM to blow off some of the stress during the pandemic. But . . . get out your screams fast, because the hotline shuts down tomorrow. (The hotline number is 561-567-8431.)
2. When you’re wearing a mask and need to sneeze, what do you do? According to a new survey, 41% of people keep the mask on and sneeze into it . . . 31% pull it down and sneeze into their clothes or hands . . . and 2% just sneeze into the air.
3. Even when it’s safe to go back to an office, people might not want to. 86% of people who’ve been working remotely during the pandemic say they’d be interested in keeping things that way in the future.
4. If this work from home thing continues for a lot longer, Nissan will have you covered. They just created a concept car that’s a minivan with an entire desk and workspace built-in.
5. A 35-year-old woman in Florida was able to get the vaccine early when she took her 70-year-old mother to her vaccination appointment . . . and then asked nicely if they had an extra dose lying around.
6. A couple in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada . . . a 60-year-old man and 25-year-old woman . . . refused to wear masks at a gym and pretended to cough on equipment when people stared at them. They were fined $460.
7. A doctor in Colorado recommends that you wear two masks, like a surgical mask with a cloth mask over it, for protection. But a third mask? Now that’s just madness. It could interfere with your breathing at that point.
8. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED Covid cases as of last night . . .
New daily cases in the U.S.: 171,525, with 2,768 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 24.8 million, with more than 411,000 deaths . . . and more than 14.7 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 96.6 million . . . with more than two million deaths . . . and more than 69.2 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.