Here’s a fresh round-up of Covid insanity . . .
1. The Pittsburgh Penguins NHL team had their first game with fans since the pandemic started . . . and now they’re getting blasted on social media for Photoshopping masks onto some fans’ faces for a social media photo.
2. The CDC has updated its guidelines for surviving a zombie apocalypse. The page is meant to raise awareness for being prepared for disasters . . . and they were inspired to update it now because the pandemic is a reminder we really never know what’s coming.
3. An inventor in the Netherlands created a new Covid test that also might let you get out your pandemic frustrations . . . you go into a booth, yell and scream, and then they can analyze your droplets.
4. Men are more worried than women about getting Covid now, according to a new survey. And men are also more likely than women to say they’ve kept up on the hardcore hand washing they were doing at the beginning of the pandemic.
5. Nine great apes at the San Diego Zoo just became the first primates . . . other than humans . . . to get the Covid vaccine.
6. About one in three people got a new pet during the pandemic . . . and now they’re worried about what’s going to happen when work gets back to normal and they’re not home all the time.
20% are even thinking about finding a new home for their pet if they can’t bring it along to work.
7. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED Covid cases as of last night . . .
New daily cases in the U.S.: 68,321, with 1,993 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 29.5 million . . . with more than 533,000 deaths . . . and more than 20 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 116.2 million . . . with more than 2.5 million deaths . . . and more than 91.8 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.