Here’s a fresh round-up of Covid insanity . . .
1. Stockholm syndrome has set in. According to a new survey, 53% of people say they’ll miss some aspects of being locked down in quarantine once the pandemic is over. That includes 8% of people who say they’ll miss A LOT about this time.
2. There’s a really awful new trend of “high tech dine and dashing” where people order food through a delivery app, but then dispute their charge with the credit card company to get a refund. It’s gotten so bad it’s even driving some restaurants out of business.
3. A woman who refused to wear a mask at a small independent tea restaurant in California demanded to call “corporate” when the employees wouldn’t serve her.
4. Why don’t some people want to get vaccinated? According to a new survey, the top three reasons are: The vaccines are too untested . . . I’m worried about side effects . . . and I don’t trust the government.
5. Royal Caribbean is starting a cruise in May out of Israel where every single person on board . . . both the guests and the crew . . . all have to be vaccinated.
6. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED Covid cases as of last night . . .
New daily cases in the U.S.: 53,147, with 1,439 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 29.3 million . . . with more than 527,000 deaths . . . and more than 19.8 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 114.9 million . . . with more than 2.5 million deaths . . . and more than 90.7 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.