Here’s a fresh round-up of Covid insanity . . .
1. The CDC thinks it’s a bad idea to CHEER during the Super Bowl. If you watch the Super Bowl with other people, the CDC is recommending that you use a noisemaker instead of yelling or screaming to cut down on the risk of spreading your droplets.
2. A lawyer in Peru was taking part in a virtual hearing involving a violent local gang . . . then didn’t realize his camera was still on when he got naked and started having sex with a naked woman in his office. He’s been replaced by a different lawyer on the case.
3. Taiwan fined a guy $3,500 for breaking his mandatory quarantine when he came back into the country from Hong Kong in October. But they’ve decided to waive the fine when they learned he broke his quarantine . . . because he was KIDNAPPED.
The guy was quarantining at a friend’s house, and apparently that friend owed money to some bad dudes . . . and they came to the house and accidentally kidnapped the guy who was quarantining.
4. Would you rather ride out quarantine with your significant other . . . or your best friend? According to a new survey, 56% of women said they would’ve preferred a friend to their partner. The survey did not ask men the same question.
5. Some parts of China have switched from the nasal swab Covid test to a more reliable and possibly even MORE painful alternative . . . the anal swab. And now authorities have had to clear up one big misconception.
After videos came out of people waddling like penguins after their swabs, officials said that’s not a normal reaction . . . you’ll be walking fine afterwards.
6. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED Covid cases as of last night . . .
New daily cases in the U.S.: 125,454, with 1,904 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 26.9 million . . . with more than 454,000 deaths . . . and more than 16.6 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 103.9 million . . . with more than 2.2 million deaths . . . and more than 75.7 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.