Here’s a fresh round-up of Covid insanity . . .
1. Police in Essex, England broke up what they thought was an illegal rave on Friday when they saw a bunch of people congregating outside a building . . . but it actually turned out to be a group of senior citizens waiting to get their vaccine shots.
2. Is having your mask slip off your nose the new manspreading? There’s a column in the “New York Times” right now about how men always seem to have their mask fall down off their nose . . . way more often than women.
3. 38% of people say they’ve gained weight since the beginning of the pandemic, according to a new survey. 18% have lost weight, and 39% have stayed about the same.
4. I’d say this is the exact opposite of shocking. A new study out of Penn State University found that it’s better for your mental health during the pandemic to limit how much you’re on social media.
5. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED Covid cases as of last night . . .
New daily cases in the U.S.: 188,426, with 4,374 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 24.9 million . . . with more than 415,800 deaths . . . and more than 14.9 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 97.3 million . . . with more than two million deaths . . . and more than 69.8 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.