Here’s a fresh round-up of Covid insanity . . .
1. Here’s one way to try to stop college kids from traveling to spring break and bringing Covid back to campus. The University of California, Davis is offering to pay 500 students $75 to NOT go on spring break and to stay in town instead.
2. Check out a collection of tweets from last year of people making predictions about Covid that couldn’t have been more wrong.
3. 83% of Americans say they’re ready to go on a trip in the next few months . . . but about half say they want to be vaccinated before they go.
4. The prime minister of Thailand sprayed reporters with hand sanitizer to try to get them to stop asking tough questions.
5. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED Covid cases as of last night . . .
New daily cases in the U.S.: 55,683, with 1,704 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 29.8 million . . . with more than 540,000 deaths . . . and more than 20.5 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 118.1 million . . . with more than 2.6 million deaths . . . and more than 93.8 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.