Here’s a fresh round-up of Covid insanity . . .
1. Here’s the latest random Covid shortage: GRAPE-NUTS. Basically, they’re out of stock everywhere because of high demand and shouldn’t be fully back on shelves until the spring.
2. There’s an old economic theory that as the economy goes down, high heels get higher . . . and that seems to be happening again. Just like in the Great Depression and the 1970s oil crisis, the latest fashion releases have been tall platform heels.
3. Police in Paris are accused of breaking Covid curfew rules . . . after videos surfaced of them doing the Macarena at a coworker’s after-hours going away party.
4. The government in the U.K. has taken down an advertisement telling people to “Stay home, save lives” after all of the drawings showed women doing housework and taking care of the kids . . . and the only drawing of a man showed him relaxing on the couch.
5. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED Covid cases as of last night . . .
New daily cases in the U.S.: 162,574, with 3,908 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 26.3 million . . . with more than 443,000 deaths . . . and more than 16 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 102 million . . . with more than 2.2 million deaths . . . and more than 73.8 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.