Here’s a fresh round-up of Covid insanity . . .
1. One of the ways that some people are getting their sense of smell back if they lose it because of Covid is SMELL TRAINING. That’s where you basically train your nose and brain to smell again by sniffing a few strong perfumes or other scents every day.
And believe it or not, studies show that just MIGHT be the best way to get your sense of smell back. One new study found it’s a better option than something more drastic, like steroids.
2. A full 100% of employees in a new survey say they’re nervous about going from remote work back into the office, according to a new survey. The biggest things people are worried about are being exposed to Covid, having less flexibility, and commuting.
3. We could be looking at a gas shortage this summer . . . because there aren’t enough qualified tanker truck drivers to get gas to stations around the country. Around 20% to 25% of the tanker trucks in the U.S. are parked because there’s no one to drive them.
4. A private school in Miami is banning its teachers from GETTING the vaccine. They cited some debunked anti-vax theories and said, quote, “it is our policy . . . not to employ anyone who has taken the experimental Covid-19 injection.”
5. Here are the updated stats on vaccinations and Covid cases as of last night . . .
Covid vaccinations in the U.S.: 141.7 million people have received at least one dose, or 42.7% of the population. 96.7 million people, or 29.1%, are fully vaccinated.
New daily cases in the U.S.: 52,046, with 885 new deaths. That brings the total to 32.9 million cases . . . with more than 587,000 deaths . . . and more than 25.5 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 149.3 million . . . with more than 3.1 million deaths . . . and more than 126.9 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.