Here’s a fresh round-up of Covid insanity . . .
1. Have you had any dreams involving Covid since the pandemic started? 19% of people say they have, with younger people much more likely to say they have than older people.
2. There’s a ridiculous new mask that makes it look like you’re wearing a mask around your chin. Basically, it’s a flesh-colored and realistic looking mouth and nose with a fake blue surgical mask printed around the chin.
3. Here’s a positive side effect of quarantining, social distancing, wearing masks, and staying home: Other diseases have plummeted in the past year. One pediatrician says, quote, “Almost every other virus transmitted among people has gone into hiding.”
4. Several drone companies are in a race right now to develop the first drones that can deliver the Covid vaccine. So I guess keep an eye out for THAT one day soon?
5. Rich folks just have different rules than the rest of us. Cathay Pacific Airways has decided people flying first class and business class don’t have to wear a mask when their seats are reclined because of, quote, “spacious, partitioned seating.”
6. Here are the updated stats on CONFIRMED Covid cases as of last night . . .
New daily cases in the U.S.: 95,542, with 3,265 new deaths.
Total cases in the U.S.: 27.7 million, with more than 479,000 deaths . . . and more than 17.6 million who’ve now recovered.
Total cases worldwide: 107.4 million . . . with more than 2.3 million deaths . . . and more than 79.3 million people who’ve beaten the virus globally.